Car Rental Australia
Car Rental Australia

Last Minute Accommodation

Book A Flight
Australia Flights

Driving in Australia

International Travellers

A bona-fide overseas visitor may drive in Australia if they hold a valid overseas drivers licence and providing they are licensed for the class of vehicle they will be driving. Licences must be carried at all times when in control of a vehicle. If the drivers licence is not in the English language then a translation must be carried along with the permit. An International Drivers Permit is not sufficient by itself and must be accompanied by a valid drivers permit. For further information either visit the relevant State Road and Transport Authority on arrival and/or visit the web sites listed below.

Australian Interstate Travellers

Queensland Transport -
New South Wales Roads and Traffic Authority -

For more information about getting around in Australia including links to public transport direcrectories visit the getting around Australia section of this website.

Australia Travel · Australia Visitor Information · Australian Embassies · Visa Information
Emergency Services · Australia Accommodation · Health & Safety · Facts & Figures · Law & Politics
Aussie Slang · Holidays/Vacations · FAQs · Currency Converter · Australia Weather

Visitor Guide Australia · Byron Bay · Coffs Harbour · Coolangatta · Port Macquarie · Lennox Head
Gold Coast · Noosa · Norfolk Island · Sydney · Book A Car · Book A Flight · more travel...